Jobs with NCWIT
The Senior Technologist provides strategic insight and guidance to NCWIT management and leads a team of internal and external technical staff members and contractors. The Senior Technologist provides architectural oversight across NCWIT’s technology platforms and is a multi-talented software engineer who is especially proficient with complex web applications, ideally experienced with building and maintaining Drupal-based web apps. Work includes complex development, building for scalability, implementing integrations and doing code maintenance.
The National Center for Women & Information Technology (NCWIT) is a coalition of over 1,100 corporations, universities, and non-profits working to significantly increase girl’s women’s participation in computing. It is prominent on the national computing landscape and has raised over $21 million in NSF grants, as well as considerable corporate gifts. The NCWIT organization spans both university financial and legal procedures, and in addition, it has a non-profit 501(c)(3), with its own set of financial, legal, and governance procedures.
Key Responsibilities Overview
- Software Architecture and Development
- Technology Strategy and Leadership
- Graduation from an accredited college or university with a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems or a related field.
- Five years of software architecture and development and/or related experience in the IT industry including managing technical projects. Equivalent combination of education and experience may substitute.
- Experience with Drupal (7 and 8) or another PHP framework/CMS.
- Strong working knowledge of PHP and SQL.
- Mastery of code repositories like Git.
- Experience supervising and managing employees, technology vendors, technology projects, and institutional-level technology solutions.
Salary and Benefits
We can offer a competitive salary, commensurate with experience.
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder.
To apply, please see the instructions listed in the University of Colorado Boulder job posting here.