NCWIT Aspirations in Computing (AiC) furthers women’s pursuits in technology -- connecting them with inspirational peers and mentors, acknowledging their technical contributions, preparing them to reach educational and career goals, and so much more. For more than 10 years, more than 11,500 AiC Community members have thrived within an expansive network of peers, volunteers, and NCWIT Alliance member organizations who offer exclusive benefits and opportunities in computing.
Help us engage with even more technical women that will inspire us all by spreading the word about the following AiC award opportunities.
The NCWIT Award for AiC honors women in grades 9 through 12 who are active and interested in computing and technology, and encourages them to pursue their passions. The multi-tiered award structure includes winner, honorable mention, and certificate of distinction designations at national and regional levels, serving all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands, Guam, and all U.S. overseas military bases.
Each National and Regional Affiliate Award winner, as well as each honorable mention, receives:
- recognition at a Regional Affiliate Award event (at the discretion of the Regional Affiliate Award program)
- an engraved award for both her and her school
- scholarship and internship opportunities
- entry to a peer-network of technical women in the NCWIT AiC Community
- various prizes, such as computing resources, gadgets, swag, and more
In addition to the prizes listed above, each National Award winner receives cash and a trip to the National Award Celebration in March 2019, hosted by Bank of America. Each recipient with a Certificate of Distinction designation receives various prizes and entry to the NCWIT AiC Community.
Students can apply online at http://www.aspirations.org/AiCHSAward no later than 8:00 p.m. Mountain Standard Time (MST) on November 5, 2018.
The NCWIT Award for AiC is sponsored by Apple, Bank of America, Microsoft, Motorola Solutions Foundation, and Symantec.
Back to top
The NCWIT AiC Educator Award publicly celebrates formal and informal educators who encourage high school women’s interest and participation in technology pursuits. The multi-tiered award structure includes designations at national and regional levels, serving all 50 States, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands, Guam, and all U.S. overseas military bases.
Each Regional Affiliate Award winner and honorable mention receives:
- recognition at a Regional Affiliate Award event
- increased visibility in his or her school district and community
- NCWIT resources and promotional items
- an engraved award for both the Educator and his or her school
Educators can apply online soon at http://www.aspirations.org/AiCEduAward. (National Award applications open in January 2019.)
The NCWIT AiC Educator Award is sponsored by AT&T.
Back to top
The NCWIT Collegiate Award honors the outstanding computing accomplishments of undergraduate and graduate women. Conferred annually, the award recognizes technical contributions to projects that demonstrate a high level of creativity and potential impact.
Each Award winner and honorable mention receives:
- a trip to the NCWIT Summit on Women and IT in Nashville, Tennessee in May 2019, including a private networking reception and award ceremony
- computing resources, gadgets, sponsor-branded swag, and more
In addition to the prizes listed above, each winner receives $10,000 in cash and, each honorable mention receives $2,500 in cash.
The 2019 NCWIT Collegiate Award will be conducted in two rounds: Preliminary and Finalist. Applicants representing three categories — (1) freshmen, sophomores, and two-year college students; (2) juniors and seniors; and (3) graduate students — will be selected from the Preliminary Round to participate in the Finalist Round.
Students can apply online for the Preliminary round at http://www.aspirations.org/AiCCollegiateAward no later than 8:00 p.m. MDT on Monday, October 15, 2018.
The NCWIT Collegiate Award is sponsored by Qualcomm.
Back to top
Share these award opportunities with your friends and colleagues:
- 9th-12th grade women with any level of computing experience can apply for the @NCWITAIC Award & win great prizes! // http://www.aspirations.org/AiCHSAward #NCWITAiC19
- This #MentorMonday, encourage an educator to win a cash prize and a trip to the 2019 #NCWITSummit: http://www.aspirations.org/AiCEduAward #NCWITAiC19
- College women w/ apps, robotics, and data visualization projects can apply for the Collegiate Award: http://www.aspirations.org/AiCCollegiateAward. #NCWITAiC19
Visit our Spread the Word webpage for more sample messaging and shareable graphics. Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook, or sign up for our newsletter to get updates on Aspirations in Computing opportunities.
Back to top
The NCWIT Aspirations in Computing program is supported nationally by Apple, AT&T, Bank of America, Facebook, Google, Intel, Microsoft, and Qualcomm, with additional support from Bloomberg, Motorola Solutions Foundation, Northrop Grumman, and Hewlett Packard Enterprise.