Sit With Me
Who we are
SWM is a national advocacy campaign that celebrates women’s contributions to technology through local events. Businesses and post-secondary education institutions use the SWM platform to host dialogues about how technical women are changing what’s possible in technology. These events create a safe and open space for teams to reflect on the value of diversity and inclusion while allies get to show their support for women.
When everyone sees the value of what women bring to technology, creating an inclusive environment for women to thrive becomes a shared goal. Open the door, pull up a chair, and host your own Sit With Me event.
- We’ll provide the information and tools to help you plan a Sit With Me event. We can even lend you a chair. Download an event kit here.
- Buy a Sit With Me red chair to keep in your office as a conversation starter.
- Use the red chair as a photo booth, incorporating signs about why you and your institution support inclusion, and share on social media with the hashtag #SitWithMe.
- Join us on social media: Follow @SitWithMe on Twitter and like Sit With Me on Facebook.
- Download the one-page information sheet for an overview of the program, including the latest Sit With Me results.
To learn more, visit the Sit With Me site.